FUJIFILM LTO Ultrium6 Data Cartridge
- (1)Recording capacity of 6.25TB with transfer rate of 400MB/sec
By using Fujifilm’s proprietary NANOCUBIC Technology, we can record 2,176 data tracks on just 12.65mm tape width. This is the key to achieving the amazing recording capacity of 6.25TB (2.5x compression rate, native 2.5TB). In addition, with the combination of linear multi channel recording technology and data compression technology a transfer speed up to 400MB/sec can be realized (2.5x compression rate, native 160MB/sec).
- (2)High capacity recording achieved by advanced NANOCUBIC Technology
- Nano-particle Technology: Approximately 30% smaller than metal particle used on LTO5.
- Nano-dispersion Technology: Developed uniform particle dispersion technology by applying high-dispersed binder technology.
- Nano-coating Technology: Improved the ultra thin layer coating technology resulting in an even thinner magnetic layer.
- (3)Features of Barium Ferrite magnetic particle
- Excellent read/write property: By adopting Barium Ferrite, Fujifilm LTO6 tapes have higher coercvity, lower noise compared to older generations. Over time the recording head of a well-used drives start to wear down leading to a drop in performance. However, since Fujifilm’s LTO6 with Barium Ferrite, from a system performance point of view, has more margin compared to metal particle tapes (measured using Fuji manufactured tapes), it can be read/written more accurately on these older drives.
- Long Archival Life： Barium Ferrite is chemically stable (already oxidized) and does not easily get demagnetized by outside energy. Therefore magnetic tape using Barium Ferrite is said to have a longer archival life of more than 30 years based on Fujifilm’s acceleration tests.
- (4)Eco-friendly design
The Fujifilm Group companies around the world aim for sustainable development by producing product based on the “Fujifilm Group Green Policy”. Fujifilm LTO6 cartridge is also eco-friendly designed with no BFR (Brominated Flame Retardants) to minimize the environmental impact during the product life cycle as much as possible.
- (5)Encrypting technology
LTO6 hardware incorporates Encryption technology to ensure data security when transferring cartridges between multiple locations.
- (6)16kilobyte Cartridge Memory (IC chip)
With more space to record mount history information, users have the ability to monitor their data environment, such as cartridge usage and media health.
|Capacity (Compressed)||2.5TB (6.25TB)|
|Transfer Rate (Compressed)||160MB/s (400MB/s)|
|Number of Tracks||2,176|
|Cartridge Memory||130,816Bits (16,352bytes); Internal EEPROM|
|Operating Environmental Conditions||10-45°C, 10-80%, 26°C (Max. Wet Bulb Temperature)|
|Short Term Storage Environmental Conditions||16-35°C, 20-80% (No Dew Condensation), 26°C (Max. Wet Bulb Temperature)|
|Archival Storage Environmental Conditions||16-25°C, 20-50% (No Dew Condensation), 26°C (Max. Wet Bulb Temperature)|